Anybody use Lazer Z XP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Nov 5, 2003.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody here use Lazer Z XP? And if so with what engine and size deck?

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

johngamb i think has one

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I don't own the XP. But I did demo a mower with a 34 hp Daihatsu Turbo diesel. I found it to be an uncomfortably loud engine. But that may or may not be the case with the Exmark.

4. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

My rich uncle is the big boss for my grandfathers huge trucking company, Land Air Express of New England. Land Air ships Exmark equipment for the local dealers here in VT. He has about a 10 acre lawn in Williston, VT and has recently bought himself a Lazer Z XP 27 HP Daihatsu Diesel. Got a chance to demo it out. Ran pretty smoothly but it just seemed to sound very different since it was a diesel. Too used to gas here. I was just wondering if anybody had the XP and/or what their perspective was on it.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

There are a few here on LS that have them. Not many though. I see about 3 of them in my local area.

They are built different from a 'regular' Lazer.

6. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i ran a exmark 72" liquid cooled diesel xp. Ran nice, great cut!

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I have a buddy that has one, and there is another lco in the area that has one. They both say the same thing...that I thought when I tried one out. They are dogs. Just WAY to heavy. They feel soft and mushy, and they are so heavy, that you have to start slowing down way earlier to turn than you do a regular Lazer, and acceleration is the same...slow. When you get off one of those, and back on to a regular Lazer, the regular Lazer feels like a Ferrari. So light, crisp, and responsive.