Anybody use online wholesale nursery???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by LAWNPROzII, Jan 28, 2004.

1. LAWNPROzII

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

Unfortunately, out of the 5 nurseries within a 15 mile radius of my town none of them offer wholesale prices or even discounts for landscape contractors.
    So I've decided to go online to find a wholesale nursery.
    Does anyone have a suggestion, pros/cons.
    I've thought about NatureHills.com. They're only about 2 1/2 hours from me in Omaha, does anybody have experience with this company or any other.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I think that you have to be a licensed nurseryman to buy from a wholesale nursery. Well, if it's a well respected wholesale nursery you can expect to have to have a license. It's pretty bogus that the local nurseries won't give you a discount on plants. Around here they usually give a 20% discount. Another thing that you can expect, They usually have a minimum order per plant that you get. The wholesaler here has a minimum of 10 of each plant/tree.

3. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

You can go to Topeka, Hefner Nursery.
    I am very suprised there are no wholesale someplace close to the home of K-State.
    Always drive into KC if you have to.
    I only order stuff online if it is bareroot
    Hope it helps
    N

4. LAWNPROzII

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

You don't have to be a licensed nurseryman, but you do have to have a live plant dealers license in Kansas.

5. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Try lake County Nursery in Lake County, OH. Not sure of website.
    Sunny Border nursery in Ashtabula Co. in OH is Legit for plants. sorry, no trees or shrubs.