ANYBODY USE Redmax biggest trimmer or Stihl 250

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MORETORQUE, Jun 20, 2005.

MORETORQUE LawnSite Member

If I could have some info on how good they are that would be appreciated.

I need something thay will cut bahia grass with a foot of line. I now use T 270 Shindaiwa's good but want more power!
  2. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Well I was gonna suggest the shin t-270, that is what I use and have done some tall thick, wet grass with it and had now problem. Maybe you need to check into a brushcutter. I think shindaiwa has a B-450 and retails for $579.99. I would think that it should do any job you would want to with a trimmer.

Hey mr. Mow it all, how does the T 272 compare to a T 270? Have you ever used stihl? They are cheaper, I also here their products are not consistant? I here the 250 is supposed to be good!

Mr. Mow it all how does the 72" cut work, does it scalp and is it almost as easy to use as a 61" ? THANKYOU
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Stihl 250, 2nd yr with it and its a beast. No problems and have yet to bog it down. I put the paddles on it to clean mud off the rd and no matter how hard you press down it never knows the diff. Hope this helps

Thanyou,that is what a want a real weedeater.
  6. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

The difference in these two machines is not in the engine size. They're both the same sized displacement. The difference is in the Emisssions. Shindaiwa has added a new muffler system (equivalent to a Catalytic converter on cars) and that makes them bulkier. They claim no loss of power, but I've used both, and the older ones definitely feel beefier. My dealer told me that as soon as they announced the new version, his stock room was emptied of the T-270's.

The new ones have the same engines, but I would get my hands on an old one if I had the chance.. I'm also considering redmax for my next purchase. I'd like to stick with Shindaiwa....but you can feel a loss of power.
  7. Bethelboy

Bethelboy LawnSite Member

If u need a small, light, less powerful weedeater...more like a trimmer...don't buy a stihl FS250. If you want a harley-davidson on a the stihl. It puts the EAT in weedeat. I will never own another weedeater if i can help it. I have always said that if i wreck my trailer i would check on my weedeater before I would my mower. Get a stihl FS250 I can't exaggerate how awesome it is.

That is what I want, I hear the 250 stihl is good and I here the big redmax is even better but they are exspensive. The T 270 are great but I just want morepower. I know the T270 are awesome, I watch what they go for on Ebay used $$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
  9. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

Stihl 250 three years no problems does not bog down like smaller weedeaters, have had zero problems, highly reccommended, a little heavier but I don't mind cause it never bogs or lacks power normal operation with a foot of line I operate it at half throttle
  10. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

and the stihl just has it...The dealer support is wonderful...the Redmax people are pushing "less moving parts" as the reason to buy Redmax but if the 4-mix has more torque in all conditions then it is a no-brainer of what to buy--Stihl...Stihl just needs to get their backpacks on the ball with power...any thoughts on this?