Anybody use Snap-On tools

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by GTLC, Nov 18, 2003.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

anybody here use Snap-On tools?

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I've got some, not a lot. They're good, but expensive.

3. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

snap-on mac a few craftsman

4. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Snap On are the only tools we use. Dad was a mechanic, we owned a marina when I was a kid, got my first set when I was 6.

Last I inventoried, there are about $100,000.00 in hand and air tools in the shop

5. landcruiser

landcruiser LawnSite Member
    from Tx

Snap on tools are great but I guarantee you tools don't make a mechanic. Buy what you can afford that a company will stand behind for a lifetime and don't get caught up with what name is on them. I've wrenched on all kinds of equipment, know mechanics who forgot more than I'll ever know about wrenching and I've never met anyone who was better than me simply because his tools costs more. You know what I mean?

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Wait till you ROUND OFF A NUT because of a CHEAP tool. Snap-on are like Exmark---NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!
    John

7. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Yes I have about $15000.00 invested but thats 1970's dollars so I don't know what they would cost me today. Also have Mac ,Maco, New Britain and Craftsman. I hate cheep tools. Nothing worse than working with c-r-a-p tools.

8. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Landcruiser I agree with you 100%. I have even seen mechanics and fabricators using Craftsman tools before. I was just doing this post just to see who uses them. I use Craftsman here myself.

9. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Standar rule of thumb is keep Craftsman tools in your trailer and truck box, because if you loose them who cares....Go to Sears, buy another set.

We only use Snap on tools in our shop. Never seen a
    craftsman truck pull up and check my stock before, and time is money.

Nobody's tools feel as good tom use as Snap on either.

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Aint that the truth.