Anybody use the Dump Pro bed insert?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker-talker, Oct 19, 2005.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I was looking for a used dump bed insert today and have found nothing. I did come across the Dump Pro bed insert. It's made out of a high strength plastic vs. steel. I consider this a con. It does not have stake pockets, so it might be difficult to build up on the sides. They said they were coming out with something next spring. It also does not use hydraulics, but some kind of winch and cable system. Just wondering if anyone has seen or used this brand of dump bed insert??? The unit cost $2300 unassembled with free shipping. Most and steel bed insert is going to cost me an extra $1000 just for freight. The Ez Dumper here runs $3400 + Freight + Tax = NO FREAKING WAY!!! I think I could buy a used bed and hoist system and pay for somebody to install it for me at that price.

Thanks
    Matt

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Matt

I looked at it. You cannot use your ball hitch, putting high sides is very hard and theres no back door. Did you see the price if it comes assembled?? It will take you a good weekend to put it together. One of the bed inserts around here was selling for 2700 with the cad protector. What will you haul the most?Leaves, grass?? Look into putting a dump flatbed on your truck and with high sides on that you can carrie a lot more then an insert.
    Later John:D

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Look into Maxi Dumpers, 10k lift capacity heavier gauge steel and a cab protector standard. When I bought mine in 99 it was the same price as Easy Dumper but twice the insert. Cost was $2400 then, EZ dumper was $1900 but you had to add the cab protector and it would only lift 6k

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm having a Maxi-dump installed in my new Chevy 2500hd for $2800, shipped and installed. I'll post pics and my impression of it when it comes in.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I did call a dealer of the Maxi Dump which is about 2.5 hours away. That is a great price. I left a message with the dealer and he has not called me back yet. I would gladly pay that, but it will depend if he has them in stock. I found a Bri-Mar dealer about 3.5 hours away and it was $2850, but another $1000 for freight. I am leaning towards the flatbed idea. I will wait and see about the Maxi Dump first. Yeah, I am ruling out the Dump Pro.....just wouldn't be ideal with what I want out of it.

Thanks
    Matt

6. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I paid about $2800 for my Truckcraft dump insert last fall. That included the insert, cab protector, tarp, and installation. I don't think they could have gone up all that much over the last year. Might want to see if you can find a local dealer.

7. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up lit. from TruckCraft last weekend @ Expo. The price I was quoted for their TC-120 aluminum insert was $4432 + tax. Their leaf box 'kit' was an added $1495.00 + tax. The cab protcector is about another $500.00 extra. Total $6400 and change. I was almost ready to bite the bullet until I saw lqmustang's numbers. I can drive to Canton from St. Louis for that differance. Was it new and was the dealer one of TruckCrafts outlets? Help me guys! Whats the deal???

Jim

8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

A friend of mine bought a couple maxi dumps; he loves them for what he is doing with them, dumping grass and leaves.I might be mistaken,but I think he paid 2300 each,2 or 3 years ago.

Something, to remember about the dump inserts, you shouldnÂ’t load it beyond your gvwr.

9. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my unit at Terry's Truck and Trailer in North Canton. They are a dealer for Truckcraft. Yes, it was new. I went with the steel unit to save a bit of cash. I didn't even price the aluminum unit as I knew it would have been quite a bit more. As far as leaf boxes, I just put one on, and it cost me about $150 in plywood and lumber and about 3 hours to do all the cutting and putting together. Much better than $1500.

10. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I remember seeing something where you keep the factory bed and put a hydrlic lift underneath it to make the normal bed dump? Anyone ever see this? Put in a spray on bed liner and some wooden sides and it would look nice and probably be able to fit more.