Anybody use the,"Personal Cooling System 2.0" Before?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by joshlawn, Apr 17, 2005.

1. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

Personal Cooling System 2.0 - Found it on Sharper Image web site.
    LINK IS HERE

I usually just put ice under my hat on the really hot days, but this may be more practical.?

2. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Never heard of it.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I've seen it on QVC before, have never tried it, but it looks cumbersome and uncomfortable to have that thing around your neck.

Have you seen those things that look like a bandanna and have like gel or something in them that you soak in water and tie it around your neck? They look like they may be more comfortable to wear.

4. NoobLawnJockey

NoobLawnJockey LawnSite Member

No, I haven't seen those but I will check it out.
    Thanx,
    JoshLawn

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Here it is,
    the Cooldanna

They have bandannas, vests, etc.
    I haven't tried these, but have thought about it. I have used a small wet towel around the back of my neck, and it does cool me down a bit. So I would think the Cooldanna would work, and probably stay cooler longer then a regular towel.

6. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

dont bother, my grandma had one and i tried it out. It was alright but i really couldn't know tell difference. Not one of sharper images best products

7. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

Used it today it worked pretty well. I noticed the difference when I took it off and went back to work. Everything felt hotter. It did not stop me from sweating but did take the edge off of the heat.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

hmmmm maybe in a dry climate it may work somewhat like a swamp cooler but here in humid virginia, I think the water would only make things worse.

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Those bandannas are heavy and dont stay cool long enough for me.I think I might give this a try,anything is better than nothing.By the way you need to sweat it cools your bod.

10. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

For me i use a water cooler in the back of the truck and extra cup's . For me and the crew i have on hand 3-4 gallon milk jug's , and two spray bottles you can spray your self down or dump water down over you . Man that works perfect . Helped out alot on my Tri_State job trimming Hot humid no brezze moving whewwwwwww 2:00 i would head to the barn