1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anybody use this hour meter??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Apr 12, 2004.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

Ifound this one to put on my gravely so i dont have to guess at the hours. Only cost 16$$ Anybody else use it?? i guess time will tell if it is reliable or not. http://www.rcpw.com/Briggs_Hour_Meter.htm

Later guys!! snapper[​IMG]
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

had one on the old craftsman lawn tractor. It has the reset button visible, so just press reset when you start to get high in hours to sell the machine.
  3. HacMan91

HacMan91 LawnSite Member

Ive got one, no problems so far. Thats a good idea about the high hours. When my metro gets about 2000 hrs on it I'll reset it to 0 and sell it. JK :D
  4. Firefighter698

Firefighter698 LawnSite Member

I have one on my walk-behind with a Kawasaki engine, records time only when engine is running, great for keeping up the required service. No complaints.
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have had that one and a tiny tach i think was the other. 1st one quit at 34 hours and the second at 90 hours. After that i put an electric on my mower and been doing fine every since
  6. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I bought a bag full of them at Lowes last year. They were on clearence. Got eight of them for five dollars. Put one on my generator and another on my brothers generator. The rest are still sitting around.
  7. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

I have a few of those. Seem to work fine so far. I will say at the first maintenance point i tried to reset it and it wont reset to 0, so i asked a friend who has been using them a while before me. Turns out the rest button does not reset the meter to 0, the meter is built to start blinking at like every 50 hours to remind you to do maintenance, the reset just stops the blinking. My suggestion would be at 2000 hours when you wanna sell the machine just take the meter off the mower. Better yet add a new one for 10 bucks at 0 hours, some fool might actually beleive it.
  8. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I have been trying to get the damn reset button to work, figured it was broken. That would explain it. I had 3 hours on one and put it on my new Husky WB and wanted to reset it. I pushed on it with everything known to man kind.:eek:
  9. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

All the mowers that I have bought that came with a digital meter from the factory hever worked past one year. They dont seem to like the rain or sun. The mechanical ones I have had good luck with.
  10. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I've bought several Turf Tracers in the last few years. I always have the dealer include an installed hour meter on each one. Always had the tiny tach until last year. They put the Briggs one on the machine. It was defective right off the get go. They told me to keep hitting the reset button and it should work. After I read the instructions I realized that they didn't know that reset does not take you back to zero. When I pointed this out they put a new one on the machine and I put 15 hrs. on it before winter storage. Seems ok now. I wouldn't have a machine without an hour meter. Keeps my maintanance scheduling on track.