Anybody use Tire Slime?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Desoto_Lawn_Care, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Desoto_Lawn_Care

Desoto_Lawn_Care LawnSite Member
    from FL

I've had 2 flat tires on my ZTR in the past 2 weeks. First tire I ran over a busted beer bottle and filled it up with slime and it's holding up good after 2 weeks. Second one I had to plug but it still has tiny leaks. Good idea to slime this one too or just replace it?
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If tire sealer will work, I would say go that route. I'm guessing your tires are pretty new and have plenty of tread still left???
  3. Desoto_Lawn_Care

Desoto_Lawn_Care LawnSite Member
    from FL

Ya, I got this bottle of green slime from a local commercial dealer and it worked awesome on the first tire, but who knows how long the other tire will last with the slime and a plug in it. Both tires have plenty of tread.
  4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would slime it i have a cuts and holes all over mine. once in awhile i have this real big cut that blows air so i will park the mower withth cut down and that fixes it for another two weeks
  5. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

slime it, i did the same to one of my rear tires this A.M.
    THE stuff works great.
    i even have the the tube type and its been holding. whoo hoo
  6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Slime is good stuff.
  7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Replaced a tire and tube. I purchased the tube prefilled with slime. I don't think I would mess with slime in direct contact with iron, it tends to rust.

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

All the tire in all our machines have slime
  9. drelgan

drelgan LawnSite Member

We have some tire dealers in our area that are refusing to work on tires that have had any kind of sealant put in them. Don't know why---money is money.
  10. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have used Slime on a lot of equipment with no problems.