anybody used the new stihl 4-mix ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ace56320, Sep 6, 2002.

1. ace56320

ace56320 LawnSite Member

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU HAVE USED THE NEW STIHL 4-MIX TRIMMERS YET. I THINK THAT THERE ARE ONLY AVAILIBLE IN CALIFORNIA THIS YEAR. I GOT TO RUN ONE FOR THE FISRT TIME THIS WEEK. IT SEEMED TO HAVE GREAT POWER AND LOWER TONAL NOISE. RPMS WERE SLIGHTLY LOWER BUT GOOD POWER BAND. BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HERE FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS USED THEM TIS SEASON.

2. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have never heard of them and neither has my Sthil Dealer.
    By the way Please don't yell at us we are not deaf. HaHaHa
    :) Also welcome to LS.:blob4:

3. mrcreole

mrcreole LawnSite Member

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

ace ,in case u didnt know . capitol letters is suppose to indicate shouting,on the forums. personally id rather everybody did it, as the eyes aint what they use to be. :)

5. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

SHOUTING IS VERY VERY BAD! ;)

6. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Heller you may want to change stihl dealers then. Mine told me that either they just came out this fall in only CA or they will come out in the spring. I can't remember which but they are coming soon.

I did try one of Honda's prototype 4 strokes at the louisville expo and was very pleased. If stihl can match what honda is doing then I may be changing to 4 strokes soon.

Scot

7. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

4stroke, no mixing gas, same power, where do I get one??

Are We Having Fun Yet???:eek:

8. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got one of hondas trimmers and I love it. It's in its second season and the only problem I've had was with the insulator between the carb and the cylinder head but honda remedied that. Supposedly hondas second generation trimmer is about 2 lbs lighter which would be great due to the honda being heavier than the other brands.

Stihl has a better head design and I would definitly look into buying the mix 4 when its available but until then I'll stick with the honda. :)

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

With Stihls new motor you still mix gas. Sorry. There have been several articles on it lately.

The new honda prototype that Scotlawncare is referring to is extremely light. He and I almost tried to crank it again while it was idling.