Anybody used this Iron product?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by whoopassonthebluegrass, Apr 21, 2008.

1. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

2. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

My brother-in-law is trying it, I'll let you know what he finds.:laugh:

3. whoopassonthebluegrass

Soooooooooooo helpful, brother.

4. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

So there's no working label or MSDS sheet for this product...and yet the vendor is trying to sell it to you NOW ?!?

NOT a smart move on his part!

He's setting himself up for a liability claim...or worse...by "jumping the gun" and selling this product before he's supposed to.

All that would need to happen, would be something like :

a) product got applied to lawn and caused staining on newer concrete surfaces, resulting in a lawsuit being filed against you.
    How could have you have known it WASN'T (a less-apt to stain) iron sucrate product... for sure, if you didn't have a legitimate label to verify it ?!?

b) exposure to skin on some little kid's bare feet, after walking on treated sidewalk at one of your residential job sites, caused mysterious 'peeling', and you didn't have MSDS or label to back you up when the medical people, and/or the UT pesticide agent came calling later :cry::cry:.

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I use Feature. It is very good for both turf and ornamentals in my location. Easy to mix and completely compatible even with 20-20-20. Many liquid iron products will form sludge if tank mixed with solutions containing P or Ca. This product differentiates me from many, if not all of the LCO's here in Hawaii. I use it to promote deep green color in turf and vibrant, nonchlorotic shrubs. Feature+ urea + potassium nitrate is the base of my monthly turf fertilizer application. You will notice a big difference in the health of the turf if there are micronutrient issues.

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

I will second the Greendoctor on shrubs. I have found, Mixed @ 3 lbs per 100 gallon it does not stain or is extremely low staining the same as 20-20-20 is low staining. At 6 lbs per 100 gallons it does stain. I use other Micro sources for lawns that do stain because I get better response.

7. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

I don't think micro nutrients like these are not terribly important to turf growth.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

tyaroch

Thank you for re-enforcing my opinion that most people in this business don't have a clue.

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

To RIC and GREENDOCTOR:

While I know that it's apples to oranges considering our service areas... as far as turf goes, the application rate is .75 - 1 oz/M. I am planning to run it at the lighter rate (2#/acre equivalent). Will I see the color change I need? Or should I run the heavier rate to produce the desired effect?

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Whoopass

I pass, I don't use Feature on turf grass, only ornamental plants.

After years experimenting, I use a cocktail of minor elements that stain concrete but give one heck of a dark green. Just today a customer ask me not to make her yard so dark green. She has been hassled by the water police for over watering. She is only watering once a week and then only 15 minutes a zone.