Anybody used/use the mowers from better out door products???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WillMowForBeer, Nov 1, 2005.

1. WillMowForBeer

WillMowForBeer LawnSite Member

Anybody used/use the mowers from better out door products??? I like the small size since I plan on doing resd. properties and since they are in N.C. I could pick one up from the factory w/out shipping charges.

My holdup is : smaller size=more wear and tear=less mower life???
    never heard of company?

any input would be appreciated! :drinkup: www.betteroutdoorproducts.com

2. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

do a search on here. this has been discussed a lot in the last few weeks. I think the overall assumption is they make a pretty good product. Thinking of getting one myself.

3. Yea they're one of the sponsors. I've heard nothing but good from product to support. I don't own one but am planning on purchasing in th spring.

4. JustMo

JustMo LawnSite Member
    from DE

I've had the Quick 36 Superduty for ~3 months now (Home use 2/3 acre primarily hillside) Handles the hill at least as easily as my 21" pusher did. Cuts wet grass like it was dry. ( I had to run out and mow in between rainstorms when it was raining constantly a few weeks ago) I was impressed with it's cutting ability on grass that would have choked my push mower. Turning is easier than ever now that I've practiced and it has never torn up the lawn during turning. My only complaint at this time seems to be that with the mulching plate on and mowing at 3" debris seems to come out of the front and get stuck on the top of the motor air intake. Overall a solid machine that performs well so far.:)

5. spinrider2000

spinrider2000 LawnSite Member

WillMow, I would also like to hear any comments from users. I have heard good comments. I have a need for a WB in this size and would like to have something my teenage son could easily use (and myself). I would go for the Superduty. I see comments I like but it is still $$$ that are spent. I know it is always a judgement on equipment?

6. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

8. spinrider2000

TClown, I would be interested. Really, I am ready to order. I want to order now when the work is low, train my teenager to be ready in March! Most of my lawns are small to medium residental. My equipment is a gravely 34z and many 21 in self propelled mowers. So this is going to be used in place of some of the self propelled jobs.. What I do like is I have a small trailer and my 34z and the quick could both go on the trailer. My location is Mississipi so a lot of bermuda! thanks

9. EGL&L

EGL&L LawnSite Member

I bought the Super Duty in April, and have put 176 hours on the machine this season. I could not be happier with this unit and the way it performs. It is built with quality and care, and provides a great cut, even in damp or wet grass.
    This unit has been a great addition to my Toro 44" Z mower, and at times I think it even cuts better. You can't go wrong with this purchase.
    Not only do you get a great machine, but you also get friendly people on the phone, if you ever need to call them. Gary will frequently answer the phone himself, and takes the time to talk with you.
    Good luck, and I know you won't be disappointed.
    Bob

10. spinrider2000

thanks EGL&L, what I wanted to hear. I have a full day job and what started as a hobby (lawns) has now become a second job. I try to do the best quality job and seems the lawns keep coming. amazing! also, this site is really helping on the knowledge!