Anybody using Dixies in New England??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MLI, Jan 25, 2002.

1. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Havent seen any around these parts. How do they work in Bluegrass and fescues, as far as mulching is concerned?

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ive only seen one dixie and it was on a trailer. i know of one dealer, allen lawnmower who sells dixie. i guess dixie chopper doesnt push there product enough around here because nobody has one. if its such a great mower, i think they should make more a prescence around here.

3. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I haven't seen them up in nh either. I did however see a rental shop with a couple in front.

4. cuttingedgelawncare

cuttingedgelawncare LawnSite Member

tell u what.....when i started my buissness 5 yrs ago i did alot of research on commercial mowers......found out that the dixie chopper was the best. I live in ky and had to take a 4 hour trip to indianappolis to buy my first dixie.....well worth the trip.

we now have a dealer an hour a way.....but still the closest to us
    just a little food for thought--------imagine how hard it would be for any small built corp. to take their product nationwide....and it is but just spread out some what look around visit their web site and use the dealer locator.....if u have the money.....buy a dixie

5. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

There are some Dixie's around me. They are getting them at sudbury rental in sudbury. I have seen the cut, it's nice but I still beat there time with my walker. Because they spend more time blowing off beds,drives streets and some time's the lawn.

6. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

There is not a walker made that will beat a D/C on any of my properties!

7. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

IM not saying that a chopper is slow I know a chopper would smoke a walker on a wide open lawn but all we mow are 1/4 acre lots with lots of much beds. Every time we cut a lawn next to a guy that has a chopper we beat him he also double cuts to get the clums out were as I just cut ones. If had big lawns I would have a chopper or kept my turf - tiger.

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

mdb landscaping:

Allen Landmower didn't last very long as a Dixie dealer. Acres Power Equ. in East Longmeadow is the only dealer that I know of around here.

Gene