Anybody using Toyota/Nissan trucks?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by upidstay, Feb 13, 2005.

1. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I was wondering if anybody out there was using the new Toyota or Nissan full-size trucks. I have heard good things from them from guys who bought them as toys. (you, the only time they haul is garbage to the dump on weekends) I have had toyota and nissan cars, and they just go and go. But don't know how they stand up to daily trailer hauling, plowing, etc.

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like very much to buy a Toyota Tundra, I have heard/read many good things about them. The reason I keep from buying is that I live/work in a big GM town, and I know some current/potential customers would frown upon my use of a foregin truck.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

What would they say about all your lawn equipment?

4. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

i run Nissan TRUCK'S and i love them ,we use them for towing a lot overhere ,even though they only have 2.5 ltr and 3.0 ltr engines they are legally allowed to tow 3.5 ton ,i tow this weight often ,theses truck's pull with ease ,i can't understand why all you guy's in the USA think you need big 5ltr + engines to tow 3-4 ton

54navara2 (Large) (Medium).jpg

5. Rollacosta

Nissan Cabstar Cab Over Engine 3.5 Ton Gvw

logo (Large) (Medium).jpg

6. Rollacosta

Hers Our Latest Truck Isuzu Nkr 3.0 Ltr Turbo Intercooled ,[all The Above Are Turbo Intercooled]

isuzutruck (Large) (Medium).jpg

7. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

Hey buy American!!!
    Stop buying foriegn CRAP.

8. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

My genuine-made-in-america Ford F350 was made in Mexico! My last two Ford vehicles came from Canada. To avoid import tariffs and taxes, many "imports" like Toyota, Honda, Nissan...are now made (aka assembled) in US factories using US personnel. So you tell me, which is considered "made in the US"?

Same applies to heavy equipment: About 10 years ago, my bro-in-law who worked for village highway was tasked with finding a new excavator. Hunt came down to JD and Komatsu based on specs and price. The JD was made in Canada, and the Komatsu was made in Indiana(?, might have the wrong mid-west state). Don't remember for sure which he went with, but I think it was the Komatsu (better price, equal or slightly better specs).

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Nissan trucks are made buy american workers

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Very helpful and informative statement from "YAMADOOSKI".......

Buy what you want.......find the best value for you......

As soon as Toyota comes out with a Disesel 3/4 ton I will buy it.......Right now I use my 96' 4Runner.....not the best vehicle for lawncare....but it is paid for and very dependable.

Derek