Anybody working on Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 23, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Thanksgiving is my fav holiday. You have food, family, and football, who can beat that? (oh yeah, my wifes and mine anniversary as well)

But who is going to go out and work?

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I sure as heck won't be working, but I will continue my time-honored tradition of going bowling with my uncle on Thanksgiving. He has yet to beat me in 15 years. I figure bowling's no worse than football, right?

3. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Well happy anniversary :drinkup: ....... No work for me unless we get an early snow storm...... Last year I plowed both Christmas day and New Years day, made some money but would rather have the day off.....

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know what you mean, last year I did snow removal on Christmas...the Mrs. wasn't happy

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Now I can see why you want to get out of the plowing. My wife would be none too pleased either. Back when I did plowing at my old job, my greatest fear was plowing during the Super Bowl. You know somewhere in this country someone's stuck plowing during the Super Bowl, and he ain't happy...

6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Errr ...

That's weird, Thanksgiving was in a long time ago!!

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

The only work I will be doing on Thanksgiving is pushing myself away from the table.

8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

LOL! I hear that. No work on holidays, might not work on Friday either. Usually after the push from the table, I end up on the couch. ZZZzzz... :sleeping:

9. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Helllllls no.
    I also may take friday off, it'll be optional, however landscapers are allowed to put leaves in the street here until Dec. 1st so I always say the more the merrier. It's a good end of the month motivator, when motivations are starting to fall off as winter draws near.

10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Not me, not this year. Probally take Friday off too! Being self employed isn't so bad.LOL