1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone added a backup carmera?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by supercuts, Dec 8, 2011.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

anyone ever added one? I got a price of $700 to install a backup camera on my new truck. im mostly interested in it for backing while plowing, but also for hooking up the trailers. i think each truck has a ding in the bumper from hitting the trailer.

anyone with any info on how much their was and what type would be appreciated.

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I have a camera system in both of my dumps. I paid $200 from rear view safety and installed myself, very easy. I made a viedo last winter of the benefits

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

You should have tryed to find a truck from the factory with it. My 11 Ford cost <$500 from the factory. They are awesome for hooking up trailers. Saves a lot of time.
  4. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

We installed them on several of our larger trucks for around $200/ each. They occasionally don't work, but have been great otherwise. One also came on my personal truck from the factory; I'm glad that it did...

5. mbigred

mbigred LawnSite Member

Ive got one on my 04 f-250 it looks at the trl ball cost less than $100.00
  6. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

when you pick a truck with every option you want you'll never find it, you have to order it. it was hard enough to find a ram 3500 SRW crew cab, white...etc etc...add a camera, never happen nor do you get the deal you get when it comes off the lot from the dealer your buying it from. it would cost more to ship a truck than to pay the $700 to have one installed
  7. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here, I have the Sony Nav back up cam and I love it. Great for hooking up trailers and also for backing up out of busy convenience store parking lots. Comes in handy for parallel parking! Works well in the dark!
  8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

What did it cost?
  9. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I have one on all the trucks. Talk to your insurance agents, I get a small discount for each one along with the back up alarms and reverse strobes
  10. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to add one to my 3320 I have a sand spreader on the back, and there is a big blind spot. would this help with blind spot? My thought is to put it on the back of the spreader so I can see, I will be using this in the early am will it work?