anyone advertising? hows it going?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 17, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well, things arent looking great. i have adds in the paper, but im not getting any calls. with the way the weather was here the last few days, i expected a barrage of phone calls, but nothing. o, actually, i got one. the guy wanted his 7000 sq ft property cut , wacked and edged, every other week, with a 21" mower, for $25! not by me i said. anyone else advertising? hows the response? is this the result of bad economy? possible war?

2. Four Star

Four Star LawnSite Member

I ran an ad a couple weeks ago, and got one call, and have not heard from him since I did the estimate. I have flyered about 472 houses and have gotten 2 calls from that. I'm going to start running ads this week. I'm pretty nervous about this stuff this year, but we shall see what happens

3. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I put out aaround 500 fliers in the last 2 weeks and have received about 12 calls so far. So far Ive gotten 8 out of 12 bids Ive submitted.

4. Alan Bechard

Alan Bechard LawnSite Member

Our Yellow pages add is bringing in calls, This is our second year in there, it is quite expensive, and it apparently goes up each year, but it is bringing in customers.

Really have to get to the end of the year to see if it is worthwhile or not. But initial results are promising.

Alan Bechard

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Ran an ad in the paper starting last Friday, got one call today and got another from yellow pages. Waiting on 5K door hangers, should be here in a week.

MATT

6. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

I'm glad im not the only one....I was getting scared. I passed out 300 fliers not a call yet...in fact only 1 new call period, and that was a referral. IS anything else working?

7. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

Have gotten 2 calls in last week from yellow pages, but no jobs as of yet. I am afraid the economy is starting to hurt, and people are looking to do their own or are hiring the "kid next door" at $20/cut. I never thought I would see it in the market I service, but apparently it is hitting all.

8. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Placed a $50 ad in the newspaper for a week and got 2 calls. She just called today to renew. I think I will not.

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

my add cost $215, for 3 weeks. just as i got done typing this new thread, i got a call, i dropped everything and got my butt over there. i dont make a practice of kissing butt, i am usually just my pleasant self, but today i must admit, i may have left a bit of lipstick on her hiney. but, i got a signed contract for the full service , and a check, before i left her house. i think its gonna be a slow year, my advice, try real hard to get everyone who calls to sign up. good luck

10. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Were getting plenty of work starting to flow in Res. & Comm., the weather really clicked here last week. Were making that 'turn' into the regular season, were very optimistic.