Anyone Bag 100%?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, May 5, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys,

How many of you guys bag 100% of your yards. Been thinking lately and i'm just trying to see how many do it or if it is a common/uncommong thing. If you do bag one hundred percent, post pics. of your rig and how you handle the debris. -Mitch-

2. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I bag 100% of time. There really isn't anybody up here that side discharges that or mulches , other than school districts.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I ain't gonna say 100%, but it's damn close. Really, the only things I dont bag is back yards with gates I cant get my Dixon in, that I use the Troy Bilt Wide Cut on. I just side discharge with it and it seems to be fine. Most yards though in my area have to be bagged, esp. in the spring due to lots of growth.

4. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Its common if the customer wants to pay extra for it. Shure does slow down productivity though. Nice finnished product.
    Offer it to everone, but only seem to use it on upper end res. We use a trac-vac mounted to a cub m60, put the grass in the pickup on my loadhandler for easy off. Dump over nearest bank.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I used to bag grass, back in the day.

6. Garden Thyme

Garden Thyme LawnSite Member

I bag 100% as all my customers expect that.

7. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

We bag 100% of all lawns unless requested by our customers to leave it lay. And all the customers here just figure you will be bagging them.

8. jbone

jbone LawnSite Member

I would love to start bagging. however we use multiple machines with only one bagger setup. I want to buy another but I dont think they sell them for sthm's. (we only have one ztr). it is a MUCH better looking end product, than just blowing the clippings around

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We did also. Now it's 0% because we do not have the extra time for it.

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I bag in the spring since the growth is rediculous!! It looks bad when you cut 3 inches off of a lawn and leave it lay. In the summer months though, all side discharge as the growth is slowed considerably, then bagging again in the fall with the leaves. But it does leave a very nice manicured end product though with the bag on and makes clean up very easy