Anyone bag leaves with a LEAF GOBBLER?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ric3077, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

This year I am trying something different. I am charging a flat rate to bring my mower to the customers home...then a flat rate per mower bag filled. If I dump the bag on site it's $3/bag if I take it away it's $5/bag. The flat rate to just bring the mower and stop at their home is $30. So if I fill 5 bags it would be $55 to haul it and $45 to dump on site...does this sound too low? This is for a 5,000 sq ft turf area. I currently have a grass gobbler for my Wright Stander but I am looking at the LEAF Gobbler for this fall. Please let me know. Those that charge $100 or more is that for larger lots above .25 acres? Or does that also invlude clearning the muclh beds of leaves? I'm talking just the turf area...so it's pretty much a cut but bagging it.

2. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

Dude, you definately should charge more. I don't do any leaf stuff for less than $150 and I tell people that is my minimum before I will look at it. Also, it's usually anywhere from 5 to 10 times the cost for a mow I tell m, then I look at yard and give fixed price. They can take it or leaf it!