Anyone bag leaves with a LEAF GOBBLER?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ric3077, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

This year I am trying something different. I am charging a flat rate to bring my mower to the customers home...then a flat rate per mower bag filled. If I dump the bag on site it's $3/bag if I take it away it's $5/bag. The flat rate to just bring the mower and stop at their home is $30. So if I fill 5 bags it would be $55 to haul it and $45 to dump on site...does this sound too low? This is for a 5,000 sq ft turf area. I currently have a grass gobbler for my Wright Stander but I am looking at the LEAF Gobbler for this fall. Please let me know. Those that charge $100 or more is that for larger lots above .25 acres? Or does that also invlude clearning the muclh beds of leaves? I'm talking just the turf it's pretty much a cut but bagging it.
  2. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

Dude, you definately should charge more. I don't do any leaf stuff for less than $150 and I tell people that is my minimum before I will look at it. Also, it's usually anywhere from 5 to 10 times the cost for a mow I tell m, then I look at yard and give fixed price. They can take it or leaf it!