anyone bought a machine from wise sales?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by watsmi57, Sep 28, 2010.

1. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about buying a commercial zero turn from wise sales. Have any of you guys out there bought anything from them? how is the service? Does the mower come ready to go or is there assembly involved?

2. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I asked about Wisesales before, I did get two good feedbacks. But I did not ask about service because I was interested in small hand held only.

3. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I purchased a commerical Hausqvarna from them. I got the best deal. Dealer could not even come close to their price. The machine was delivered to fed ex on a pallet where I picked it up. I had to unwrap machine. I had to put the seat and one rear tire on. Good thing I brought my tool box and jack along. Other than that just some gas. Great company.

4. Alan0354

It would be more useful to know how they handle problems. You can't really tell if everything is smooth. For handheld, it really don't matter, for big ticket items that you can't just ship it back, that become more important.

5. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a $200 chainsaw. No problems.

6. watsmi57

i just want to be sure the mower is setup when i get it. i also am concerned about what happens if I have a problem. I have a local dealer for this machine but his price is about $1k higher.

7. watsmi57

don't want to buy a machine from out of state and then find out my local dealer won't service it either. it's a gravely btw

8. Alan0354

I think this is a question you need to call Gravely directly to find out where is their service center in your area and if it is a dealer, are they obligated to repair your mower. I don't think it is practical to ship it back to Wisesales for any repair.

9. watsmi57

yeah it definitely wont be getting shipped back lol, and my local gravely dealer is my local service center as well. but if I pi$$ em off i by buying it cheaper elsewhere I am afraid they will tell me to get it serviced somewhere else.

10. rwaters

rwaters LawnSite Senior Member
    from Online

In most cases the dealer agreements are that you have to setup and deliver equipment in working order(some include checklists we have to sign) then show you how to operate your equipment before you get your warranty. If this is the case then YES they can refuse your warranty. If it is not the case, you could also piss them off they can take a year to fix your mower, so it is basically a loose loose situation. And yes I am sure to find a lot of people to pipe in here how bad the dealer is to be mean to you but guess what, it could be a reality, you will find many people here that were treated poorly on a warranty from a mower bought online.