Anyone Bought Blades Off Ebay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by boblee, Apr 9, 2002.

1. boblee

boblee LawnSite Member
    from florida

I was wondering if anyone has purchase mower blades off of Ebay? We drive two Exmark Lazer Zs. The dealer wants about $50 for a set of blades. I have seen blades for the Exmark 60 inch Lazer on Ebay for $29 to $33 per set. That seems like a good deal to me, but we have not tried it yet? Thanks for your help.
    Robert Lee & Sons
    (2) Exmark Lazers 60"
    (2) Lesco Hydro walk behinds 36" 48"
    Stihl Backpack Blowers
    Stihl Hedge Trimmers
    Stihl Chain Saws
    Echo Trimmers and Edgers
  2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

You find a wide range of pricing on them just at different dealers. One local dealer gets about $17 per blade for our 61" kees. Another gets around $7.50 :eek: I have purchased blades for as little as $5.80 for that mower. My advice is to keep looking locally. Shipping on blades might offset the savings. If all else fails, companies like J. Thomas sell them for about $8 as well. Also if you have a Lesco in your area they may stock them.
  3. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

why wouldn'y you just buy some blades from landscapers supply or offline someplace like greenline or alamia?that price is like going back to a car dealer for an oil change.
  4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to your local Lesco ... My 60" set is about $30 n my Walker blades about $9@
  5. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Well if your dealer is selling blades for that much... your dealer is crazy, or he was tring to sell you blades made completely out of diamonds. Go to LSS or Mow More or anywhere else but your dealer. We get mulching blades for about 8.50 each