Anyone bought blowers or anything else from wise sales?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnsaspire, Oct 2, 2012.

1. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

This spring I bought a honda mower from Home Depot. Since around June I've had problems with surging and the oil turning dark gray after being changed. Eventually the oil started coming out of the air filter and died. I had done nothing to the mower but changed the oil and cleaned the filter regularly. I called Home Depot and they told me to take it to the local Honda dealer. The guy came out too look at the mower and right away everything was my fault: I hadn't changed the filter enough, I turned the mower over the wrong way, I used it commercially. Well of course the filter will be dirty when there is oil coming through it. I got in to a big argument with him about why he was acting from the get go like my warranty didn't count and he said he'd rather it be paid by warranty cause it paid him $20 more an hour. So why did he act that way in the 1st place?

2. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

Purchased my Redmax 7500 backpack from them last year. Absoulty no problem and very fast shipping. You have to take the negative reviews with a grain of salt sometimes

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Lawnsaspire: I know you were considering the Husky blowers in a previous post but said you had no dealers nearby. I did a search and there are 6 dealers listed as being within 15 miles of Quincy. What's with that? I try to buy my equipment from local dealers. They assemble and test the units before handing them over, whereas with online dealers you're going to get it in a box. It's nice to be able to pick the thing up and look it over in person too.

4. lawnsaspire

i dont know what dealers they are referring too. we only have stihl and echo. except the bt150 sold at lowes
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Kuhns Equipment, Outdoor Power Inc., and Hoebings Lawn & Garden all in Quincy. Also one in Canton and one in Hannibal. Even if they don't stock them they should be able to order them and get parts. I get my Husky stuff from a rental yard that most people don't even realize sells equipment too.

Edit: Outdoor Power Inc. is just repair, not sales according to website

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  6. lawnsaspire

i didnt realize those places sold husky cause the only thing onthe shelf inthere is echo stuff. kuhns is out of biz and i dont do business in missouri so iwasnt aware of their backwoods dealers. thanks for the search but ireally want to go with the kawi 750
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lawnsquadnc

lawnsquadnc LawnSite Member

I ordered a Hedge trimmer from wisesales 3 weeks ago and paid through the amazon payments. It took one week for them to get it in stock but it came one day after being shipped which was 2 days early. I would order from them again. hope this helps you

8. FMC1959

FMC1959 LawnSite Member

I ordered a Shindy long pole pruner attachment for the M254. Shipped 1 or 2 days after I placed the order and got it a couple of days after that. No issues, product works fine and Wise did fine by me. I would buy from them again.

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I bought a shindy blower from them. Ordered in the morning, came next day with only regular shipping. Very satisfied with my purchase from them
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. GreenBlade

GreenBlade LawnSite Member

Bought a Honda generator from there. Lowest price & very fast shipping!
    Posted via Mobile Device