Anyone bought equip from ebay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big Salmon, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Big Salmon

Big Salmon LawnSite Member

Was debating purchasing a Wright stander or Great Dane off ebay. Seems to be some decent deals on there. Has anyone had luck doing so, or am I going to run into issue/problems? Thanks in advanced

2. DeWitt Lawncare

DeWitt Lawncare LawnSite Member

I've had great luck with ebay. BUT, it is case by case, I've heard of people getting the short end as well. Make sure you ask questions and get photos.

-Carl

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

many items have little or no warrenty at all, even when new

4. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

Been happy with all my buys on ebay. Do ask alot of questions. I bought my companu truck on ebay. Had it 7 months and I love it.

5. mowtime

mowtime LawnSite Member

Bought a peco vac used 3 times for $800.00, Had to trust the guy, he was a bank president in Louisiana, His e-mail address and phone number proved it. Actually I saw the ad on ebay and his price was to high, When the listing ran out I e-mailed him with an offer and he took it

6. newhort

newhort LawnSite Member

I buy several items on ebay. I always get the phone number and talk to the person. You can feel the person out and see if they are ok. Never take a second chance offer and never pay by western union. There are alot of scams. Also look for fake ebay emails needing credit info update. This happen to me, ebay never ask for certain info.

7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought a kawi stick edger for 40.00 and an echo stick edger for 30.00 plus hipping fpr both so i spent a total of 130.00 and they run great .

8. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

I have a echo trimmer and stihl blower they both are starting on there 2nd season. There is still reason to use caution.:hammerhead: :dancing: :walking:

9. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i think i can post this... if you buy from jewelsandtools on ebay you will get exactly what you think you are buying. they usualy have a 30.00 minimun and a fixed 30.00 shipping rate. they are excelent i have bought edgers , trimmers, and blowers from them......

10. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've bought a bunch of equiptment of e-bay. So far so good, but use caution, there are definatly scams out there.