Anyone bought from alamia.com?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tilly, Mar 12, 2001.

1. tilly

tilly LawnSite Member

Looking to buy 61" Great Dane (John Deere) I found alamia.com to be cheaper than what I can get one around here for. Plus-TAX FREE,PLUS FREE SHIPPING!

2. I purchased a few 21" mowers. I have been satisfied with the results. I know some people do not like any online company because of warrenty issues ect...

Just some things to first think about...
    Do you have a local dealer that sells this product? If so, will he do factory warrenty work on this machine even though the machine was not purchased through him?

If your local dealer doesn't carry this machine, can he get parts for it for you?

How much are you realy saving? meaning, can you put the equipment together on your own??

Just some things to think about before you purchase. I do think that local dealers will be forced to deal with in time when you have 30 or 40 clients telling you that they can beat your price by a couple $100. To bad dealers don't make that much money in the first place. It is the local distributor who make the money.
    John

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I don't understand how we can sit here and complian about lowballers,and customers being cheap but then buy equipment by mailorder just to save a couple bucks. That is so hypacritical. It's not right that we copmlian about scrubs and cheap cutomers but then we do the exact same thing to our dealers, they have to make a living too. What the heck does a couple hundred dollors matter when your paying 8 grande for a new mower anyway. Build a good relationhip with your dealer and you will not regret it. Support your dealer because they support you.

4. Bob Shoaff

Bob Shoaff LawnSite Member

Because I have been very loyal with my local dealer, they have rewarded me by saving more than a couple of hundred dollars on equipment, they refer me to people and bend over backwards for me if i need something. You just cannot beat service like this.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Totally agree, well said.

6. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Well Said... I wouldnt take the chance for a few hundred bucks. Buy local and from a reputable dealer.

Bob

7. tilly

tilly LawnSite Member

I wouldn't be just saving a couble bucks, more like a grand. Oh and lets not forget good old Uncle Sam! As for the warrenty problem from mail order companies that is somthing to look into. Thanks