Anyone bought the Husky 12-V truck armrest/coolers on sale at H/D ?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Az Gardener, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good and the price is right at $49 anyone using one? How is it? Can't keep anything cool here in a truck when its 110 plus outside. Reviews/feedback?

2. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

they only keep the stuff about 10 degrees LESS than inside truck temp

plus they will KILL the truck battery if the car is not running (in about 2hrs or so)

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I was afraid of that. I would only use it while I was driving around but even if I keep the truck at 70 inside 60 degree water or soda is not much of an improvement. I guess I will stick with the small flexible nylon cooler I have been using.

4. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Ice is cheap and it stays at 32 degrees until the last little piece melts. A bag a day, 2 a day once it gets over 90 outside.

5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a coleman cooler that keeps water around 40-45 degrees. i use it when traveling, and it works well.

6. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

electric coolers are designed to only maintain the cool temeprature of the drink or food. So you must pre-cool the items before placing them in the coolers? Tried the electric coolers when they first came on the market their a waste of money IMO. Invest in a deep freezer, or commercial ice maker? and make your own ice better investment.