Anyone bought the New Hustler Rear Discharge Deck mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, May 22, 2005.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Has any one here bought one of the new Hustler rear discharge mowers yet?

If so, what are the pros n cons?

Can you post pics of before and after work please?

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Do a search on Hustler rear discharge. There was a thread from someone that bought one about a week ago.

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm supposed to be getting a demo in a week or two. We'll see if the dealer actually calls me, I've been burnt in the past so many times by dealers not calling me back. I'll get pics of the cut when/if I demo it.

4. Tonyr

Dennis, what's this 'do a search ****' all about with me?

I'm not new to this forum and have an idea on how it works.

This deck is so new very few own them, yes I have read and been in that other thread, I'm asking a fresh question hoping it will be noticed as just maybe more have been purchased since.

Also in that other thread a guy bought one and said he would post pics for everyone interested but never did, and the thread lost momentum.

When have you known me to ask re bashed out questions eh?

do a search....though I'm smiling, I'm surprised you would say that to me :)

language

5. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

the guy that brought it prob never owned a z'd turn before / Ill wait but cant see it worth kack **** in my situations if does well im wrong.
    how can one disprese with dam rear whells under belley in its path ?
    must be for 2-4 inch grass. :D

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

7. Tonyr

Hey Russ a flannel coated wally, mate, until I see this new thing work I'm not knocking it, I'm sceptical, but hopeful....stop stalking me ya bugger! lol.
    My hopes are fading....just curious....lend me 30k so I can buy the big diesel plonka!

Envy mate, thanks....we country folk don't get a lot of variety, no grasshoppers here....down south there is an agent, 2-3 weeks ago I asked him to find out about their edger system...still waiting, I need a dealer with a bit more fire under his butt, wouldn't go risking 20 plus k on a new mower interstate from a dealer who can't even get me info on a edger.

I will however look at that link as I know and trust your judgement and let you know my thoughts....if in fact I manage to generate any lol. haaaaa

8. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

wonder if that was GRASSHOPPER hee not worth jack **** waited 4 weeks for a replie on part.

9. Tonyr

here is the info re dealer grasshopper usa just sent me....
    still waiting on the edger info....not a good start. been weeks now.

I compared some specs to my toro, grasshopper is lighter built, thinner spindles, 10 guage deck against 7 guage toro, etc, etc. I'd like a demo, but buying is out of the question if dealer is in another state. Love the lights, good safety thing! Don't love the single tank idea though....if ya run out ya stuffed, with dual tanks you know you have more than a days worth. Maybe a single diesel tank lasts more than a day....? if so, problem solved!

PARKLANDS TRADING CO PTY LTD
    PO BOX 213
    RIVERWOOD N S W 2210
    AUSTRALIA
    PH: +61 02 9584 7700
    FAX: +61 02 9153 9122
    sales@parklands.net

10. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

No offense was intended Tony. I didn't know if you had seen the other thread.

Btw I was at the Hustler dealer the other day and asked them about it. They looked at me like I had 2 heads. Said they haven't heard of the beast. I don't know if they were lying to me or are totally out of it.