1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone buy or demo the Wright zk1 yet????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsf343, Jun 25, 2008.

1. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious if anyone has bought one or tried it out yet, it looks like one bad machine.:clapping: I may see if I can demo one soon.
  2. jsf343

wow, nobody? I guess I am the only one that likes them, just not the price tag!:cry:
  3. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

I like them too....but I haven't demo'd one. Everytime I look up a dealer locater and then call the dealer to see if they actually do carry Wright mowers the answer is always the same, "No, but we can order one." Can't seem to find an actual "dealer" around this area....or within a 100 miles.

Let us know if someone demo's one.
  4. jsf343

wow, you too? I have called and have not had too much luck with dealers around here either, but the ones that supposedly are say the same thing.
  5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Within 15 minutes of my place, there is a non-stocking dealer. Of course, the only dealer that actually stocks Wright products is an 80 mile round-trip-trek away.

Regardless of that fact, the dealer - stocking or not - will be more than happy to make arrangements with the distributor to supply a demo unit. As far as a ZK demo unit, the availability might be slim yet.
  6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

The dealers close to me don't have the ZK in stock yet. If they did, I think I may be putting one on the trailer in the very near future.
  7. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Al's on Dale Mabry carries and stocks them. Shouldn't be more than an hour from you, if that and they actually have a A TON of stuff!

Check them out if you get the chance. I don't go there because it is too far for me but if I needed something from them, I would go in a second!
  8. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Three Wright dealers around here...but I havent seen the ZK yet. I havent heard what the price is going to be for one??? Probably more than I'll ever spend.
  9. Sym

Sym LawnSite Member

Al's on Dale Mabry only carries a couple of Sentars and 2/3 Standers....the ton of stuff they have is for Exmark and Stihl. Their service is SLOW, and I had to keep calling them to get updates....3 weeks for a walk behind...:nono:

there is a place in Tarpon Springs that I go to called, ironically, Al's Yard Arm. They have Sentars and Mid-mount Zs there along with Exmark and Shind (which works out well for me) and their service is fast...I've never had anything that wasn;t ready within 24 hours. It's really worth the drive for me, anyhoo....

they had a Demo there (missed it) and they said it was a beast of a machine. Actually getting to demo one yourself will take time....they are just kinda trickling out now....
  10. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

A local dealer called me yesterday. They have a ZK Stander in stock. I've been real interested in trying it out.:clapping:

I hope I'm real impressed.