1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Charge Hourly Rate ???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dannyboy20, Apr 17, 2007.

1. dannyboy20

dannyboy20 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anybody charges and hourly rate for cutting grass. Or is the best way to charge by the size of the lawn ?

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

both... I like to keep my time around 50.00 an hour

3. dannyboy20

dannyboy20 LawnSite Member

are u solo ?

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yes sometimes I have a helper and the rate goes up.

5. gravtyklz

gravtyklz LawnSite Member

Do you bid your jobs based on (rate * time to complete)? Otherwise your customer could very well get a differently priced invoice every week right?

Do you have a minimum charge with the hourly rate deal?

I'm looking to get some accounts very soon so I'm curious too about how to charge.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

No weekls customers stay the same. but sometimes you will get bi weeklys or even monthly.

Look at the job, measuer it, think about how long it will take you. by your self and with a helper how much travel time and go for it.......

remember to allways ALWAYS ask customer do you want a weekly, bi weekls or what...

as you know bi weekly's are more,

another way to bid is try t okeep your time at a dollar a minute...

1st starting out you will screw up.......

remember to ask if there's anything YOU need t oknow about like a water pipe sticking up a Bid rock just under the ground such as that

7. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i charge by the job estimating to get around 85-100hr with ZTR's. if your using a 21" push mower that rate will be way too much

8. CALVISI

CALVISI LawnSite Member

9. CALVISI

CALVISI LawnSite Member

sorry, new to this.

How much more do you charge for your bi-weekly?