Anyone chip a tooth while trimming yet this season?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Up North, May 9, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Smacked a rock off one of my teeth today while weed whacking...hurt like a son of a gun for a bit but luckily it didn't break. I have to remember not to smile while trimming... :D

Also shot part of a pop can out of my Z today and as it flew up into the air it went into a near-by road and hit a cop car on the fly... :blush:. I thought I was far enough away from the road and flying debris wouldn't be an issue but this piece of aluminum kind of acted like a frisbee for a bit then as it got out there a ways it kind turned up and then started fluttering down just as the cop drove under it...doink!! I stopped but he just kept on going. I kept my eye out for him as I was sure he was going to come back but he never did. I even called the restuarant and told them about it so that if he called they could direct him towards me.

One of those days I guess... :dizzy:

Buck

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Sounds like you had a good day.LOL I launched a rock off of my face mowing my own lawn when I got home. I just picked up a stick edger and it cuts down the amount of crap flying around while trying to use a string trimmer. And i think I sent a snake for a ride Friday, it wasn't very big but it flew out of the shut like a champ and landed on the side of this house.

3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Buck -

I hate to laugh but that is funny. I have had rocks smack me in the face leaving a nice sharp pain and a line of sweaty blood but thank god nothing in the teeth.

You might want to consider going out there tomorrow equipped with these.......

Attached Files:

• b.bmp
      File size:
      24.4 KB
      Views:
    • t.bmp
      File size:
      105.1 KB
      Views:
  4. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i caught a rock in my right nostril last friday. i have been complaining all day how sore my nose is. it feels like someone punched me.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

What's a pop can? :laugh:

6. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Had a rock shoot up my nose the other day, luckily it fell back out. Hurt like hell!

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Took a rock off the side of my temple two weeks ago. Just below my eye glasses. That hurt. :cry:

8. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I had a guy edging and he hit a .22 caliber bullet, it shot into the ground though. :eek:

9. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

atleast once a season I get a rock off the tip of my nose and then a tear runs down my face from the shooting pain. :D

10. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

LOL! Yeah Nate, I need both of those. Protect my choppers and the coppers... :D

I forgot about the rock up the nose deal...haven't had that happen this season yet but I'm sure it will. Broke the crystal on my watch last year while trimming. :angry:

Buck