1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone clear gutters?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by vaacutabove, Aug 9, 2010.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I had one person ask me if I do gutters I have been cutting her grass since I was 16 so almost 10 years. I told her I would do it than got to thinking to my self to call around and offer it to other clients. well almost everyone I asked said go for it. now Im not to sure what I should charge. got enough to make a day out of cleaning gutter witch is good starting to run into slower times due to the only rain we have been getting is 3 inches in bout 30 an hr.
  2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

We do, good way to make some extra money on down days.
  3. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i do .75 feet i do all my in the fall as i do do fall clean up
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You might test yourself on that there theory with a couple of single story houses
    that look like their roofs slope gently first, gutters are always the easy job to talk
    about when all concerned parties are standing on terra firma but believe me the world
    looks a whole lot different from up above lol

And you'll really want to be careful with that dang ladder, too.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  5. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

and those power lines that are always at the corner.
  6. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

my full time job is a firefighter so ladders a roofs a commen for me. what do yall charge or what kinda price structure do you go by
  7. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

i find a rate that easy to market like small house 30-40 and up for big house with steep roofs,its easy work if you aint scared of heights,haha.i did clean gutters on a big house last year were i charge 150 and took about 2 hours
  8. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

We do, cost is dependant on the job. our min charge is 65.00 for non regular customers and 35 for regulars.
  9. whosedog

whosedog LawnSite Senior Member

You can't give a price over the phone,I've done that and found gutters with trees growing in then clogged with several years worth of composted leaves;I end up spending 2+ hours on what should be a 30 minute job.There's a guy here that advertises $85 any house,he must do good he even rents advertising space on billboards,he does repairs and installations also.
  10. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

.50-$.75 pr ft.

Hope your not affraid of heights!

Also hope you can climb a ladder with a backback blower and you are able to walk on a roof at least 30'
    Posted via Mobile Device