1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone currently/used to run only granular fertilizer???

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by MacLawnCo, Oct 15, 2002.

1. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

does ohio require you to work under a licensed firm for a set amount of time? michigan has this stated in their laws.
  2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Im almost positive i can just go strait out on my own. Im sure they will send me more info with my liscense.
  3. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i checked for you, ohio laws are different than michigan, yet you can obtain a michigan license with a proper mailing address. what the crap
  4. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

I'm with the rest of you guys weeds need to die with liquid atleast until they make a granular that works. I spray for weeds all the time and fungicide when needed, but I use granular fungicide for pink and gray snow mold it has worked the best for me. I use granular fertilzers all the time except when I use iron to make things real green then I spray.
  5. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know the approx price of the 6 or 10 gallon models? Also, is there a way to calibrate without switching nozzles?
  6. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

6 gallon- $656.22
    10 gallon- $720.22
    Prices are from A.M. Leonard. I'm not sure about the calibration.
  7. SystemXpert

SystemXpert LawnSite Member

I have found the best approach is to use a combination of granular and spray.

I'm following the Lesco Fescue program. It works quite well, but I don't attempt to use any granular weed control products except PRE-M.

Instead I use as small sprayer and spot spray weeds. However, I only do small lawns. I have been told numerous times by the Lesco reps NOT to blanket lawns with weed controls unless they are truly infested with weeds. (granular or liquid)

So I spot spray for weed controls and use granular for everything else.

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Lesco may have a good point. I have noticed that blanket spraying of lawns seems to cause decline. You see more thatch very often. I think that it kills off essential microbes. The thing is that you can only spot spray weeds that you can see at the time. Walk over a 1/4" dandy and it'll be glowing in another week.

Customers only want to see a clean lawn.

You almost have to give it a blanket at least once.