Anyone cut less frequently.. to deal with rising costs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I have most of my clients on contract (paid in advance) and at times have spread the time between cuts to 10-14 days. Anyone else?

Thoughts?

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

ours are weekly reguardless, unless WE feel their yard does not need to be mowed... then we skip it for the week, but still drive buy and check on it. yes, bit wasteful on fuel, but our customers like that they get checked on and we only do and charge what is needed... and pay a bit more weekly for this type of program.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Funny you would ask. I was just thinking that with the price of gas lately and all my mowing accounts being on fixed per cut pricing I set in the spring, that I won't be mowing much until Oct 15 when I go to my fall cleanup rate and bill hourly.

I make better money doing anything but mowing... I made $350 today doing hedges and that was with a 12:30 pm start and I only burned about a gallon of gas total...can't do that mowing. Of course, my shoulders don't hurt this much when I mow.....

4. CELS

CELS LawnSite Member
    from KY

I have gone up to thirteen days. But, it depends on the time of year and the growth rate.