anyone discharge with a Walker other than the B or Super B?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, Jun 22, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I know you can get virtually any model in a side discharge, but are they as good as the B and Super B in discharging?

2. ignat0

ignat0 LawnSite Member

I run two 62" w 25 & 26hp and 56" 54" 48" w 20 & 25hp. Haven't used B models but think 62" decks are comparable to 60"super B " belt drive deeper deck and discharge tunnel" However I love my smaller gear drive decks blade speed seems a little slower but the're lighter fit on trailer better. I mow bermuda bahai & st aug in s. fl

3. tb8100

from TX

the Super B has a deeper deck or a shallower deck than the others?

4. ignat0

ignat0 LawnSite Member

60" B deck & 62" & 52" sd decks are deeper & handle tall grass more efficiently at higher ground speeds. I have speed kits on all my Walkers except 16 hp 42" mulcher

5. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

We have used teh 62" SD decks for years on our finest properties with EFI tractors with NO problems!

6. tb8100

from TX

How much faster do the speed kits make them? What about if I wanted to have a discharging T series? Is the deep 52" available on this one as well as the 62" (and 74"?)?

My biggest question is, can you buy the mower set up for discharging at a lower price, or do you have to pay for the bagging system and RD deck and purchase an additional deck and that cargo carrying deal that goes where the big hopper sits? :confused:

7. ignat0

ignat0 LawnSite Member

10 -12mph I rarely run them all out. You have to be familiar w property your on & your controls! I mulched a mourning dove last week.You can buy models S, C, D, T w out bagger.I only have one 48" GHS.I use 1 day wk then swap to 62" deck.You can get any size deck but the belt drive decks 52",62" seem to handle faster ground speeds w out clumping.74"deck is gear drive 4 blades I wouldn't use less than 26hp gasser w the 74". Hope this helps.Got to get back to work took a break its 90 degrees 90% humidity.

8. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a 48" SD on my Walker