Anyone do goose control?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfmanagementspecialty, Jul 23, 2009.

1. turfmanagementspecialty

turfmanagementspecialty LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone offers this service. What products do you use and how are the results? What do you charge/acre for this service. Thanks

2. turfpro69

turfpro69 LawnSite Member

I work for a school district. We have about 45 geese that roost/nest on a nearby pond. Short of killing them nothing seems to work longterm. Dogs, harrassment, loud noises, distress calls, balloons, coyote decoys and the grape smelling repellants all provide short term relief but soon the geese get used to them and ignore them. Good Luck

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

flight control works well

4. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

extrema 2 with a 3 1/2 inch t shot applied at 1 goose per shell. works every time and that goose wont come back.

5. DOLMARatOS

DOLMARatOS LawnSite Member

Also provides a freezer full of food. Beware the birdshot.

6. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

A wire hammered about 18" off of the ground where they fly in works.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear ha.

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Be sure to put string along the pond edges. About 6 inches above ground.

8. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

land mines would be cool to watch.

9. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

I rebuilt a baseball field last summer that had approximately 125 geese on it every day. Standing water on the infield was one of the problems I found when I arrived to work on this field. The geese made cesspools out of those. There are many laws protecting them here but I found something that worked. I have a large portable radio and set it on 2nd base my first day - tuned to Sean Hannity full blast. They hated that and quickly moved to the out edge of the outfield. The next day I set the radio out into the outfield grass and moved them out even farther. By day three I had them all the way outside the outfield fence for good. I continued using the radio for a few weeks after which they just stopped coming back.

10. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member

I am with Dusty, Flight Control works. Call their business office. They have a woman who is very, very good on this topic.