anyone do no Prem

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vaacutabove, Aug 24, 2012.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a big problem with CG and NS. I did a split of prodiamine with a tun of break though. Has any one done three apps. half and two quarters? or none at all and just blanket drive one or two times. Good or bad Idea?

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Which product?

You can do a 1/2 and two 1/3 apps in some areas provide you do not over amp.

3. vaacutabove

dont rem. the brand I used but it came from agrium. Has anyone done the three apps like this with more luck

4. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

No Pre emergence at my home turf. It is a small area and I do not mind hand pulling a Crab here and there on occasion, as well as the ability to overseed as I see fit.

I would not even think about no Pre on the Clients lawns.

5. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

VA,
    Look in to pennant magnum for preemerge control of cg and ns. Make sure you have yellow nutsedge or else it is useless.
    The only time I have outbreaks is when applied too late after the cg has germinated or not enough water has been given to move the product into the root zones of the weeds.
    If all else, apply the pennant and then do a split app of prodiamine or pendimethaliin.
    Soil conposition, temperature, and weather conditions hurts sometimes.
    Lastly, are you doing liquid apps or granular???

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

What were the rates of your split ap of prodiamine? Did you calibrate carefully? Are you accurate enough to apply between 100 and 10 percent of your target rate?

If you had a problem last year--you should go with the highest rate.

7. vaacutabove

I know i went at the highest rate just got up. So i will have to look back in the books. Just thought i would run the no pre m but looks like a bad idea.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Most of the 'break through' happens becuz of the product leaching away... during drought years CG is the critter that grows the best, while cool-season grasses give way to the excessive heat... to compensate the irrigation systems run full bore and leach away the product...

9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Where are you having break throughs? Are the low spots? Spots near downspouts or places where there is a tin of water flowing over the are? If so I double app these areas and I also double app driveway edges in my problem properties.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Skipster

Skipster LawnSite Bronze Member

Really? Double-applications are usually reserved for the guys who can't spray single application right in the first place. Depending on the product you're using and the rates you're using, it may even be illegal.

So, double-apps can get you in trouble with the regulators, costs more money, and delivers the same result as single apps.

In that case, go ahead and make all the double apps you can stand!