1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone do this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kartracer2000, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kartracer2000

kartracer2000 LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone else has used a snow blade on their ztr. I want one just for my driveway , but, i wonder if it's good for the ztr or not. thanks
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Heh, I've been looking for a small (like 4-6 cu.ft.) shovel for mine, to turn it into a loader like a dingo when I need that,
    but there is that issue of those weak front casters and regardless of that I just haven't found one yet.

That's not true, I did find one but there wasn't a model for my make of mower, and it also just didn't look like it would hold
    up to any real long term work, more like a homeowner's thing and even then I questioned it's durability and what have you,
    forgot the name of the company but it's out there thou the guy only makes them for a few specific mowers (and mostly tractors).

They do make some for ATV 4-wheelers, snow plows like what you speak of, in most cases they are manual plows
    with a lever that you operate with one hand and it's a bit of work to push snow with an ATV (but also can be loads of fun),
    one would think they make it for a ZTR but I also think a Ztr unfortunately and quite simply lacks the traction required for this.

Other than that, I'm not sure, it's just sad that these big 25hp hydro-power beasts of work ain't good for nothing but grass cutting,
    one would think some manufacturer out there would have figured a way to make one of these 10 thousand dollar machines into
    something a bit more versatile than just an over priced gas-guzzling grass cutter, but it appears thus far this is not the case.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  3. mock

mock LawnSite Member

We made one for ours it works pretty good it's a pain to swap the deck to the blade ,but it works we 've got a spare set of tires with chains on them so it will dig but to buy one i've never seen one out there but there might be 1
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've got one for my Grasshopper. It works great.
  5. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I saw one at the Louisvlle show last year but I don't remember who made it. It was made for a ZTR and the one they had as a demo was mounted on a Turf Tiger. I thought at first it was a Jayco unit but I really don't think so now. I'll see if I can find the lit. I got.
  6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Nice Hopper!!!!!
  7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

For the big snows, I use this,
  8. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

thats a nice setup
  9. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member