Anyone doing that top 1% of residential clients

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Az Gardener, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I would say I currently work in the top 5% of residential accounts, real upper end homes but lately I have been called to bid some ridiculous residential maintenance accounts. These people change the flowers to match the color scheme of a party and spend 5-K or more to do it its not just 20 flats or something. These are 2-K or more per month basic service homes. I would like to talk to someone else in this market. Here in Phx. there are only 2-3 companies servicing these clients and needless to say they don't want to talk to me. Trump -Stewart - Opra -Walton - Buffet - Gates - Jobs - anyone on site servicing these people or people with their wealth?

2. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

I think this could be a great niche to get into. Sorry I cant offer more insight, I dont think we service anything over 3-4 mill though. Where do you think they are hearing about you?

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I know they come from current clients, because I asked and I don't advertise.

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we have some clients like that here.. not quite to the level that you are at, but close..in 5 more years those people will be here...in full force.. our property values are going through the roof.. soon only the filthy rich will be able to buy here.
    vacation homes at 2.5 mill, with a equally priced boat in front of it..
    We have done work for curtis strange, and bruc and demmi used to have a house here i used to maintain (her brother was in the coast guard here)

5. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Although now that I think about it, several of the bigshots in our area have full time gardeners. I would imagine that Trump,Stewart,Gates, and The Oprah do too. But the ones that hire it out to a LCO could be a gold mine.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

people like that around me have full time gardeners and maintenance employees