Anyone double cutting yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Cut 5 accounts today (5 acres) and had to double cut just about every square foot. What fun!!! Just the beginning of a long 2 months ahead...... Wish Primo was more affordable!

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm on a five day cut schedule till summer. So no double cutting just cut more often.

js6.jpg

3. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

Trying to cut every 6 days, but with all this rain we're lucky to get everybody within 7-8 days.
    So yes we're double cutting a lot of them right now...Chuck

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Shoot.... haven't hardly started clean-ups here. It was a high of 51 again today, 24 hours of rain, low of 32 tonight. It was 88 on Monday. What fun Minnesota is.

5. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Got a 1/4 inch rain yesterday & about the same again today. First rain we've had since the snow melted. NO DOUBLE CUTTING YET, but they are calling for rain the next for days, so we'll probably be up to our ARSE in grass next week. Had it EASY so far, double cutting to start soon.

Mike

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I hope they are paying for double cutting. I can't imagine doing it at normal rates. Something would have to give if the growth rate was that extreme. If not growth, then I'd be getting some new equipment.

7. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

just starting and hate it :mad:

8. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

double cutting is a must for me, yes the blades are changed regularly, the decks are cleaned daily, and i'm on a 4 or 5 day schedule. but it doesn't work cut one of my 4 day customers today was taking 3'' of grass on a very thick lawn. it could of been triple cut but i raised the deck up a half inch before i started so i'll recut it in 2 days.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I just double cut one tonight about 18,000 sq ft

10. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

All of my jobs are figured with double cutting. Second cut can usually be done in about half the time of the first cut. Don't have to be as precise around trees and such and your just following the stripes already laid...Chuck