1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone "dump" their leaf loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by seacoastlandscape, Nov 14, 2005.

1. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

I have a 11hp billy goat tailgate loader that sits on the tailgate of my ez-dumper but have found its a pain to take it off every time I need to dump and I always have to have someone with me to help. My idea was to mount it directly to the door on the box and just let it swing up and down when dumping, has anyone done this. Would it effect the machine at all and how much stress would be put on it and the door to the box.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That would be a good idea since the loader would just stay level as the door opens. With an EZ Dumper, a swing out rack wouldn't be out of the question, as long as it was mounted far enough to the outside of the bumper, would it?
  3. SeacoastDesignsL&L

SeacoastDesignsL&L LawnSite Member

well it wouldn't really stay level, my door doesnt swing to the side it swings up and down so thats how the loader would move, i am not that concerned about how much the loader would swing just the stability of the door with all that extra weight attatched to it.
  4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a Dump Rack body truck that they would just chain the door open with the leaf vac on it and dump away. The regular dump truck they have to take it off each time they dump.
  5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

What you need is a swing away hitch mount that has provision for a receiver on the other side. for example, the mount goes into the hitch, now theres another hitch mouth on the other side of the mount that you can put your receiver into. I've seen someone sell them, or you could have a fab shop make you one.
  6. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I hade a swing mount made that goes ON THE DUMP BODY. It lets me swing the loader to the side and latch it to the side of the body. The loader dumps with the truck, but not up side down as if it were on an open tailgate. I have been doing this for 2 years with no problems.

Here is the loader in working positions

Picture 076.jpg
  7. Edgewater

Here is the loader out part way (couldn├Ęt latch it with the other truck in the way)

Picture 079.jpg
  8. Edgewater

Here is a close up of the hinge. The frame that the loader is bolted to stays with it all the time, I just remove the two bolts in the pic and the two brackets welded to the truck are the only things that stay on.

Picture 077.jpg
  9. Mr. Sparrow

Mr. Sparrow LawnSite Member
    from Ct

nice edge, i have the same concept. works great, i had mine custom welded also
  10. SeacoastDesignsL&L

SeacoastDesignsL&L LawnSite Member

wow thanks that looks like its exactly what would work for me.