Anyone Else Do This?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by F.S Lawn Care, Apr 7, 2008.

1. F.S Lawn Care

F.S Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I was thinking about sending a memo out to homes around my current customers saying ill knock off 10 or 15% of their weekly mowing if we cut them weekly. Just a thought........I wouldn't have to drive anywhere else so there is no traveling time factor and whatnot, so the 10 or 15% off would more than compensate for those expenses.......I hope.

2. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

no but sounds like a kick a$$ deal aka REALLY GOOD!
    thanks for the idea
    lol
    dan

3. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

you can even just walk the machines around and save gas and time

4. F.S Lawn Care

Why not? Its so much easier to have 2 or 3 customers adjacent to each other rather than driving all over kingdom. Thats just my philosophy I guess .....nobody else thinks its worth it to quote them pretty steep, then knock off a discount to where you would like it anyways? I have done it before when people refer us to their neighbors but I've never actually sent out a notice or anything of that sort thats all..

5. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Just be ready to give your existing customers the same discounts once their neighbors show them the flier, whether you get the neighbor or not!

6. #2MAN

#2MAN LawnSite Member

We cut a cul-de-sac of 8 homes for $200 every 5 days...Could have gotten probally $230 but they are all there. 3 hours and we're done with them...It's a sweet deal ifyou can do it.

7. F.S Lawn Care

Exactly my point that is what I am pursuing, something of that sort.

8. #2MAN

#2MAN LawnSite Member

Just cut those 8 today fot the seasons first cut. I'm beat after three hours of straigh trimming.

9. kartracer2000

kartracer2000 LawnSite Member

i do that. I give 10% off the first month when they sign a season contract, it works well. I have been doing it since i started.

10. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Yup! Seems a little high percentage wise. Maybe 5 to 8 at most.