Anyone else dreading the winter?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Up here, we work year round, because the ground only freezes for about a week.

However, we do slow down a lot, I usually put in 45-60 hour weeks in all spring and summer, and then go down to 30 hour weeks through the winter.

However, despite the less work, I'm totally dreading the uncoming days of early darkness, pouring rain, and close to freezing temperatures. I'll get used to it just about when it starts being sunny again :)

Give me my mid '80s sunshine all year long :(
  2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

You're back to wide screen. I see it depends on how verbose your signature attachment is. :laugh:
  3. Dirty Water

Give me a couple hours to rewrite the wordwrap routine and it will only be as big as the text...and limit it to 500 pix.

Alternatively you could set your PC's resolution to 1024x786 or higher.
  4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dread cold and no snow and watching my trucks with the plows all hooked up sitting there making no money.
  5. PurpHaze

Must have attended Catholic school and been rapped a few times on the knuckles by a nun's ruler. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I'm ready for fall and winter. Tired of mowing!!!!:walking:
  7. Dirty Water

I actually mow my yard through the winter. We get so much rain.
  8. PurpHaze

I mow Chinese Elm small leaves up through early February and then put my mower away for a month before starting all over again with spring grass. :cry:
  9. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

We haven't seen what I would call a KS winter around here for a number of years. All the signs are here for a good old fashion winter. Squirels have been burying acorns since the first crop in August, I haven't seen a wooly worm that was anything but solid black and thick, etc. I HATE plowing snow, and they've got a plow with my name on it. I'm ready to do that last winterization and relax, but I'm afraid that isn't in the plans at all this winter. We don't get that "Washington" weather like you do. Grey and overcast won't last more than a week at a time. Not seeing temperatures above freezing for days and days and days...........I could pass.
  10. Kartanimal29

Kartanimal29 LawnSite Member
    from Ct.

I'm in the same boat as you Jon , I hate the winter time.The daylight get shorter and it gets colder and when the snow comes, I don't want to know anyone. Bring me Spring , and FAST.

Man I Hate CT.