1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else ever have this problem with a front caster wheel????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Its on my 36" Exmark... Just bought it ,probably only 10-20 hours , was using the thing today and the tire barely turns.. Tried to grease it, but its not taking any...
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Go To The exmark forum, Ask terry Or Dustin They Will help.
  3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not just stop by your dealer, new machine, sounds like their problem not yours.
  4. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

Sounds like a bad grease fitting, dealer should replace.
  5. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

If the caster wheel bolt is to tight the wheel will not turn back of the 3/4 in nut on the wheel bolt and see if that helps.
  6. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I had the same thing on my toro proline last week. I just sprayed the heck out of it with penetrating oil and let it sit for an hour or so. That softened up the dried grease... I then pumped a ton of grease thru it and it started to turn freely. I asked my dealer what would cause that and he said that bearing is the most prone to water.
  7. Wheel or caster yoke?

Wheel; on to tight, back the nut off 1/2 turn. For not taking any grease, it may be full and it has no way to escape, or zerk fitting is covered with paint.

Caster Yoke; It is bent.