Anyone else happy to end the season?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K.Carothers, Nov 19, 2005.

1. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious, is anyone happy that the season is coming to an end? I can tell you that I am. I'm down to my last few clean-ups and the season is done. It seems like every piece of equipment I have needs some sort of repair during the off months.Hell, my trailer lights have not worked properly for half the season and I have to turn my headlights on now when making a stop so that the trailer lights go on. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. Not to sound disgruntled but I had a hard day today and every little thing bothered me. I must need sleep.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I feel better now!

KC

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea im happy to end, I need to "regroup" if you will. the first thing I will do is get my advertising plan together, and in general just get ready to start fresh in the Spring.

3. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I wish it would end, I was picking up leaves today, I have 3 more yards tomorrow to do and I would be done, then my wife called me and said 2 other people called and wanted a price for leaf cleanup and mowing next year....never picked up new customers in November before...but I'll take what I can get.

4. K.Carothers

It's nice to get new customers,that is, to replace those pita. Those pita's bring the worst out of me by fall. They want every leaf off their lawn, out of the weeds along the house that they were to cheap to have maintained throughout the year.

KC

5. K.Carothers

One more thing, watch out for those potential customers that want fall cleanups and dangle all of their lawncare needs to you for next year without signing a 2006 contract for a "deal" on leaves.

KC

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, yup, me too, me too...

Nothing new starting, but just the regular accounts are keeping me SO busy its to the point of 'take it or leave it' lol. Worst part is the frost, the short days, it's all I can do to rake in 800 maybe 900 / week... 1-3 yards / day myself, doing what I can, when I can.

Not that I'm short on money, but the fatter the account, the better to survive that 2-month dry spell coming up from mid-jan to end of march or thereabouts.

For next year: SAME plan, HEAVY advertising in spring and run it until the schedule is full and then some.

7. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Are we there yet?

8. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes but just becasue I am ready to really start building a buisness for next year. This will be my first full year so what can I do right now to make my buisness successful? I will probably ask for tips all winter. I am trying to work my way out of what will soom be a night job.

9. K.Carothers

I see we are in the same weather area. Nope we are not there yet. Sun a commith and the sun a goith(Next week). Leaves are hard to remove and personally I don't like doing the fall cleanups when its 30 degrees.

KC

10. K.Carothers

The very first thing I would say is to finish the year on a good note with your current customer base. Second, read everything on this site and don't be afraid to ask questions and before you know it, it's spring. You will have a better direction on where you want to take your business next year.

KC