Anyone else have a toolcat?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Apr 11, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Guys I love my toolcat but the darn front axle is locking up on it now. Last time this happened it was the rear axle and it was a sensor (surprise) that wasn't working, evidently tells the front axle how fast the rear axle is turning. Well anyways they've replaced the sensor, didn't work, and the replaced a hydrolic break valve and that didn't work. I know it's electrical because sometimes it works great and sometimes it's locked up. I have owned several bobcat products over the years but these "sensor" problems on my two newer models (864 and this toolcat) really make me 1) glad I bought the cat 287b and 2) really ponder on purchasing bobcat products. I was thinking about giving them a shot w/ my possible telehandler purchase but I'm thinking these same problems might continue. anyways anyone else have a similar issue? fix?
  2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I have a late B series. Love it.
  3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Darn Bobcat electronics!!! Go Cat!

Cat rules, Bobcats drool!
  4. RipT

RipT LawnSite Member

I have a used '05 Toolcat C turbo/Hi-flow primarily for snow removal at our place near Merritt in BC. Have a 73" QuickAttach 2000 series blower, a Thomas self-loading sander, and a Western plow with box ends & back-drag edge, plus a lift boom and bucket.

Been a real nice problems so far. Some folks have had a variety of serious problems with the different TC models though, but in most cases the dealer and/or the factory eventually came through for them. Many dealers have only limited experience with the TC which has many things unique to that model alone.

Would be nice to see some real competion to what is otherwise a nitche to itself.

We also have a CAT 287B with CAT 6-way blade, QA rock grapple bucket, and pallet forks. Great for most things except steep icy surfaces.
  5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

oh don't get me wrong I LOVE the machine, its great for a nursery environment. the only thing I'd like to see is a bigger model and of course these darn electronics straightened out. The darn sensor was $600 and you're right about the dealer not experiencing the TC mine is the only in the county.
  6. RentalGuy

RentalGuy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest
    Posts: 49 has a dedicated toolcat forum... there are a bunch of toolcat owners there to bounce questions off. Maybe one of them will know.
  7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I've posted a lot there. Lots of info about Toolcat.

I have had a few small issues but so far, so good. From what I understand, I had the last production run of B series (august '05) and supposedly most of the B series kinks were worked out. Wish I had the C series lift arm but I make do.
  8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I would like to have one if that counts for anything.
  9. ProCutLawnCare10

ProCutLawnCare10 LawnSite Member

Hey we were lookin to purchase one for snow removal and i wanted to know if any of you had problems with it pushing at all?.. we were lookin to get a V for it, any advice?
  10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

To tote around potato earrings? Just curious. :laugh::drinkup: