anyone else have leaves falling yet??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Up North, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

With our very hot summer & drought it's caused some of our trees to change colors already. Now we've had some really cool nights and some leaves are dropping...:dizzy:. Gonna be an early fall here it appears.

Buck

2. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. Some of the leaves up here have stated falling. I've just noticed recently due to the large amounts collected in the catcher.

3. imdawrlus

imdawrlus LawnSite Member

havent noticed any leaves changing colors, but its been so dry that on a couple of my lawns i noticed the bushes are droopin from no water.

i almost feel guilty mowin their slow-growin lawns, but then when i think of the spring i dont feel bad.

4. BBN

BBN LawnSite Member

we've been hot aaround here but have yet to dry out. Usually by now the yards slow down to only needing cut every 10-14 days but they're still growing. If this is another typical year our leaves start to turn in mid to late october and fall in November.

5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

please don't say leaves, i am not yet equiped to handle them.

6. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I had some start falling about a month ago. I think it had a lot to do with the dry hot spell we were having. They didn't change color much (except for some that were brown from drying up).

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Even here in southern Va our leaves are dropping from the drought, all are brown and no color changeing here for another30-45 days yet. I purchased a cyclone rake last week so ................bring on the leaves lol

wayne

8. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

cleaned a lot of leaves in the last few days.

9. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

small amt. falling here but it seems like that has slowed down, finnaly got some rain this last week.

10. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

The dead brown leaves that fall this time of year are the very last of the dead leaves from last year. They fall after we have reached the hottest part of summer. These leaves usually signify a cooling trend toward Fall.