Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeKle, Oct 24, 2007.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

When we are blowing the driveways clear after mowing, grass that is under the truck and trailer or customers vehicles is very hard to blow out!I dont understand this as anywhere else the blowers will usually blow it between 8 and 12 ft. We use Echo handheld blowers,I thought about switching to backpacks,but I dont know if that would make a difference? Someone once told me the air gets "trapped" underneath vehicles thus not blowing the grass out to the other side.It is annoying to have to move the truck and then get out and blow again!

2. APV's Mowing

APV's Mowing LawnSite Member

try comming from behind the truck then blowing towrds the front, then go along one side and go back adn forth like 2-3 times then just go to the other side and blow from the front to back towrds the outside and then just go around once more and that works for me

3. APV's Mowing

APV's Mowing LawnSite Member

by the way i use the same blower as you too

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Backpack guys.

You need backpack blowers.

Never had this problem, but can see the week handhelds causing this.

5. DFLS

DFLS LawnSite Senior Member

I have 5 letters for you -- BR600

6. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

If you use a round tube end switch to a flat nozzle. If you don't have the flat nozzle just get lower with the blower so the air isn't deflecting up under the cars, and go a little slower as you walk around the car.

7. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

No kidding. That will fix the problem for sure.

8. Ocalalawns

Ocalalawns LawnSite Member

I used the Echo handheld for three years. I finally switched to the Echo pb603 back-pac. What a difference, more cfm and power. The wet grass is even easier to remove from drives. I wished I had started out with the back pac it would have saved alot of time.

9. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I see 2 letters and 3 numbers! Am I missing something? ;)

10. Juan_Deere

Juan_Deere LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Stihl BG85 and have noticed the same thing. I just can't see putting on and taking off a backpack blower so often. Can they be used without wearing them? Does anyone do that? Carry them instead of strapping it on?