1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, May 14, 2000.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have noticed this year after about an hour of weed eating my right hand tingles a bit. Its not a problem yet but could be. <br>Any one else?<p>I no longer have the problem I had last year of my a$$ falling asleep on large accounts on the rider though. Im not on it long enough for it too fall asleep!
  2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Your hand tingling is from your nerve endings not functioning properly. If you experience this on a regular basis, I would get the anti-vibration gloves.<p>Vibration damage to nerves and carpal tunnel are real concerns for those who do this job on a regular basis.
  3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I had the tingleing hands when I used Homelite trimmers. Alot of vibration. Went with Shindaiwa and have not had any problems.
  4. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with getting a better trimmer,the Echo,s used to do this to me.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
  5. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

Hey naturalawn,a friend of mine had the same problem. As Lazer said, carpal tummel syndrome is a concern for this type of work. He finally had the operation and hasn't had any more problems. <p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Yes it happens to me too. I have a homelite trimmer but only use it for 1/2 hour over the whole day-on and off. I think some of it has to do with the backpack blower too as well as with the Walker. Its not too bad and at the end of the day Miller lite makes it all go away.
  7. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

Up-graded my trimmers and it went away for me as well. Make sure you don't have a death grip on your equipment.
  8. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

The tingly hands is probably from vibrating weedeater. Check your line to make sure it is even. I know i used to get it sometimes on my old echo. I now have a 7mm shaft tanaka. No vibration, no gloves, and Plenty of power.<p>I am however getting serious discomfort in my wrists from my 52&quot; exmark HP walkbehind. Any ideas here? It is so bad now that at the end of the day i cant hardly pick up my blower.
  9. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl have the best AV setup.<p>Karl<br>
  10. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

I've got Raynaud's disease which is a circulatory disorder sometimes caused by using heavy vibratory equipment. I ran a jackhammer drill for 3 weeks straight on a construction job in the winter of '89 and have had Raynaud's ever since. My fingers go numb and lose color when my hands are cold. Take medication in the winter for it. Also have nerve damage in both hands (pressure on my palms kills me). Probably will end up getting Carpal Tunnel surgery within the next 5 yrs or so. <p>No time to feel sorry for myself though, too much tall grass to cut. So suck it up big guy, and keep cuttin'.<p>C'Ya.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com