1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone else having problems with replies??

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by tallimeca, Nov 15, 2006.

1. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm getting annoyed typing out replies and they won't post.

Keep getting gateway time outs. 3 different computers and connections.

Anyone else having this issue?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

No, I have not had any issues, but I am aware that there may be some AOL users that are experiencing delays. I believe the tech is working on this, sorry for any inconvenience.
    In the meantime, if you type out a long reply, maybe do what I do. Right click and highlight your words, then copy it.. if by some chance it times out, you can just reopen the page and paste in your words. Not a permenant solution, just a temporary one.
  3. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

I have had the same problem that you are describing sporadically. It's like the little engine that could, then it couldn't.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yes and I want to publicly thank John Gamba for helping me fix it. What you need to do is log out of Lawnsite everytime you get done with a session. Then the next time you come back to Lawnsite you need to log back in and don't forget to put a checkmark in the "Remember Me" box or it won't let you log in. I've been struggling with this for over a month and even notified Sean about it. I visit quite a few vBulletin sites and this is the only one with this problem.
  5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

That's strange I have had to do that but very rarely if I clean too many cookies up. I get on using my favorites drop down list. Never had a time out or problem with posts posting unless the site is really really busy.
  6. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have had a few issues with posts not showing up. I posted on a topic a few nights ago, and after the post I saw it in the thread. However, after getting emails of new replys to the thread, I went to read them and my post was not there. But, I had the email notifications to a thread I had subscribed to and te only I subscribe to most threads is by replying to it. I found it very strange.
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I am on AOL and sometimes I run into that problem. Usually, I will just copy my reply, sign off of aol and re-sign on. Open LS back up and go back into the thread. Then my reply will go right through with no trouble.