Anyone else lawns burning up?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnsaspire, Aug 27, 2013.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

We have a few mow and go accounts, so we're not above doing that type of service. Those accounts are to help keep the route full so to speak.

Some accounts also, because of lack of trees or much landscape, we'll still have them on a weekly charge for full maintenance, but if we skip services for the week then they aren't charged.

We just give our customers options. Most of the full grounds contracts are for commercial accounts. That's what they generally want anyway for budgeting purposes.

As for the residential clients, some like it for budgeting purposes. So that's the selling point to those clients. If they can keep a set monthly charge for the season, then they don't have to account for some services hitting them in the wallet at once through the season.

2. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

We did better than average on rain until about six weeks ago and it just QUIT! If you're gonna mow most anything around here that isn't irrigated, you better wear a respirator and goggles or your eyes and sinuses will packed with dust.

There is always a little bit of good in anything, however. My wife can simply look for the dust cloud and find me without trouble.
    Larry

3. NuLifeLawnCare

NuLifeLawnCare LawnSite Member

My lawns are toast only irrigated are hangin in there. Minnesota here.

4. The Don'z

The Don'z LawnSite Member

Thank God we're finally getting some rain, most of the summer my customers have been once a month !!!

5. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

toast here, remember 2 or 3 quick shots of moisture over last 7 plus wks. now with sept staying more of the same, not go out this way not itlooking good. usually sept rolls around and could count on mouisture along with cooler temps to get thinks rolling again but not this time. ground is like a rock

6. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

almost got an inch last night. not sure how much we'll need to bring everything back, but at least the intense heat wont be here to suck it all up for now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

yes we got 1'' 9 tenths we still brown but this will help weeds grow We are long ways away for grass all turn green

But this what I needed on the new lawn projects to firm up the dirt so I can start installing lawns

8. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

good to see, got some here, came down hard as a front rolled through. now expecting big temp drop, yesterday think we got new temp record high from yesterday, near 95, dew point was way up but will take the rain. unrelated but just heard on tv, something bout boulder, co., must be getting a bunch of rain, creeks sound like they are over their banks big time. btw-was gonna add, in some storms nearby yesterday, lot of lightning, heard a few people got hit by it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Only pulled in about 3 tenths in our area last night.

Then today, dry air, blazing sun, and 20mph winds. Sucked any of the moisture that fell last night right out of the ground.

10. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

Charlotte is hot and dry. I skipped all my lawns this week due to the lack of growth. We desperately need rain!