Anyone else mowing on Easter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeKle, Apr 4, 2010.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

I am!! Got the trailer loaded and just waiting til around noon to go out. I want to leave now, but something tells me people do not want to hear the mowers this early on easter morning!!! Growing like a jungle here, will probably switch most to every 5 days for awhile instead of weekly.

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't the grass wait till Mon....? It's EASTER..........!

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I was going to go do a few today since they are not going to be home but I thought I'd consider their neighbor's and wait until tomorrow.

4. MikeKle

Yeah, I am beginning to wonder whether I should go out or not??

5. bodetsr

bodetsr LawnSite Member

Didn't get all done yesterday thanks to April showers, so I'm going out to finish the four I coudn't get done yesterday.

6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I wouldn't even go out on a regular sunday unless absolutely neccessary, nevermind easter. I think it is best not to go out. Even if the people you are mowing aren't home...what about the neighbors?

7. MikeKle

Yeah, thats exactly what Im thinking..the neighbors! BUt maybe later in the day would alright, after everyone is done with their easter celebrations?

8. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Even though I am behind I shut it off yesterday a 3:30 because we had a family dinner and will also have dinner today at 1:00 after church. I really do not like working on Sunday anyway and I refuse to mow or do landscaping on Easter.

9. ProcsLC

ProcsLC LawnSite Member

I agree with everyone else... Consider the neighbors and your customers, NO ONE will want to hear a mower/blower/trimmer on Easter... Its just not good business. Besides, Easter is like the one national holiday that people usually get together and eat early (at least in my family/area) we always have a big Easter dinner around 2pm and I KNOW my customers/family would cringe if they heard one of my mowers going... Heck, My wife gets mad if I even "look" at my equipment on a holiday! Best to wait a day, it will be there tomorrow!

10. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Neighborhoods here=no work on Sundays ever.