1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else notice this?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by FrankenScagMachines, Apr 5, 2003.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Did anyone notice that the Flex Deck sponsor forum and ads are no longer on this site? I wonder what happened.
  2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

His post status also went from sponsor to LS Addict? Can anyone tell us what happened here?
  3. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe he got tired of hearing a lot of us criticize his product. Along with other people, I could never justify spending the amount of money he was asking for his attachments and I could not see how they would be practical for the way most of use and haul our equipment. Also, in almost all of his posts, he would find some way to advertise his product when it wasn't called for. Some of us do not like having his type of advertising forced on us everytime he posted a reply. These are just my thoughts though and I didn't even mention the name of his product once. I do wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.
  4. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

5. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Judging from the thread roscioli put up, I'll bet he received a word from LS management. I posted an innocent comment a short while back & the guy (flex deck) blasted me. It was unprofessional, and in my opinion very un-salesman like. Honestly, I was very intrigued by his product.
  6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Flex-deck is no longer a sponsor at lawnsite.com by choice - his choice. I will leave it at that.
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Think The Only Problem Is with these Smaller Sponsors. The Bigger Ones Exmark, Great dane And so On Are More Professional and Go about there Business that way and Make Sales. SEE YAH!
  8. Gr grass n Hi tides

Sean -

Hope I didn't step on any toes. Just speculation on my part. I still say the flex-deck is interesting and I would consider one.
  9. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you seen or driven a mower with the flex deck in place??
    I have (drove 15hrs in I day to do it) and I can see it as a practical and useful addition to most mowers worth every cent.

I think sponsorship cost and the negative response from it on here were a couple of big factors but that's just speculation again.

We all need to be just a bit more open to new and different ideas then pic whats best for our operation. And even if it isn't for us it might be just the thing for someone else.

I am sad to see us lose any sponsor and in this case there is no one to blame but ourselves.
  10. Gr grass n Hi tides

Good point.

I looked at a property this week - I swear the lay of the land looked like a flex-deck designed obstacle course. I wish I had a digital cam or scanner to post a couple of photos. It has a half dozen of these embanked and/or sunken "rain collection" type areas, for lack of better terms that sort of rim the perimeter of the parking lot. Without a flex-deck your looking at doing about 40% of this (probably 2 acre total area) job with a 21 inch mower. With a flex-deck, well........let's just say that unit could come pretty close to paying for itself in a season.